Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Classic Pixillation and Cutouts - Zanymation Magic

Quickdraw Animation Society held their third Giant Incandescent Resonating Animation Festival (GIRAF) November 2 -3. I try not to let one pass without having an animation in the festival, so I edited a movie out of animations created by the instructors and facilitators at Quickdraw's Zanymation events. The movie (ta-DAA!):





(Summary) Animation compilation, various artists, sound design and editing by Andrew Jaremko. All animation created using my program StopMotion Station. Please feel free to rate or comment on this video at Zanymation Magic on Google Videos.




"Zanymation Magic" wasn't in the main festival screenings. Instead, Keith Murray decided to run it as an installation. I made a looping DVD and "Zanymation Magic" ran continuously in the classroom space. I suspect the soundtrack got a little annoying for the people in the classroom doing cameraless 16mm film. I could occasionally hear the track next door in what we call the sunroom, where we were doing pixillation and lightning doodles, live with the attendees.

Photo Gallery of GIRAF 3 courtesy of Cineart Photography.

It was an honor to have Zanymation Magic run continuously for anyone who cared to watch. (I actually caught some people watching it!) I'll have more to say about this movie and about our lightning doodles in later posts. For now, watch and enjoy!