Monday, May 4, 2009

The Animation Tips and Tricks Blog


I've set up a Google Alert for the phrase "make your own animation" and every day I get links to new pages on websites and new posts in blogs. Some of the links only use part of the phrase - like "your own" or "make your" - but there's always some interesting stuff. (You should definitely set up a Google Alert for anything that interests you!)

Once in a while, great stuff shows up that might have been hard to find in a more normal search. Like a blog that just turned up:

The Animation Tips and Tricks Blog


I've only browsed a few of the posts so far but what I've seen is great. The animators are working with CG primarily but what they say applies to all animation. One that particularly caught my eye was

How Important Is an Art Background for an Animator Who Is Starting Out?


You'll have to read his answer to that question yourself - I'm not going to give it away. Suffice it to say that it reassured me in my quest to create cool animation.

If you're just getting started in animation, some of it might seem too deep or less than comprehensible. But keep animating, keep reading, and find animators to hang around with and it will all start to make sense.